carebus maintains a guarded and secured list of privacy terms for its users so that the users feel complacent in using the services provided by carebus. The privacy terms will apply to all users who avail or browse about any of the services provided in carebus website or mobile application. Users are kindly recommended to thoroughly go through the entire privacy terms and provide their consent to agree with it accordingly.
1. All the data that the user shares with carebus or with the third parties involved with carebus are handled and processed in India itself. The users are required to provide their consent to do so. A user can also choose to withdraw its consent to allow carebus or the third parties to process its information. He can do so by providing an email to carebus. Upon withdrawing its content, carebus may not be able to extend its services or part of its services to the user due to lack of user's personal information. To book a journey with carebus, certain basic user details are required like name, gender, contact details, location etc. In the absence of such information, carebus is unable to permit a user to book a journey with them.
2. Kindly note that carebus mandatorily requires certain user information so that they are in a position to assist users in availing their services. This information is required by carebus to fulfill its own legal obligations in addition to fulfilling the obligations towards the third parties involved with carebus. Only that user information is available with carebus which the users provides themselves while registering with carebus or other significant information. During user registration, user furnishes their details to carebus like name, age, gender, location, email address, baking details etc. In addition to this, carebus maintains and stores certain other user information like past transactional history, password and email addressed used in relation to carebus services, user's social media information from linked accounts, other traveler's information booked from the user's account.
3. The user's personal information is collected by carebus whilst booking services with them. Basic user details like name, gender, age, location, banking details are collected during booking. If a particular user books a journey with carebus for another traveler other than the user, that particular traveler's information are also stored with carebus. The users can provide their consent to carebus to store such information. carebus utilizes the user information for a number of purposes like to keep the users informed about their bookings, to enable carebus's customer service to contact the user, optimize website and mobile app's content as per user's preferences, to request users to review any product or services provided by carebus and to validate, authentic and secure user's account from any misuse or loss of information.
Also, carebus frequently conducts polls and surveys online and offline to improve their services. It is completely upon the users whether they wish to participate or not in such surveys. All the information collected from such surveys are used by carebus to refine and upgrade their content, features, services to enhance user's experience with carebus. All the user information collected from carebus is kept anonymous. Users can also share their experiences with carebus by reviewing their services. Users are also provided with an option to ask questions about the services provided by carebus or they can answer to the questions posted by other users. carebus may also hire third parties to collect feedback from its users about past experiences. Although the participation in such feedbacks by the user is completely optional, users may still receive email or SMS notifications inviting for participation.
Finally, user information can also be collected by carebus through marketing initiatives and programs. This are conducted by carebus to understand their user behavior and preferences and modifying their services accordingly. Contests are also held by carebus where the users can win exciting travel prizes and offers. When a user wins a reward, carebus may share the user's details with a third party who is obliged to fulfill the reward on behalf of carebus. To participate in such contests, users are required to provide their contact information and also they must answer certain survey questions. Registered carebus users frequently receives email or SMS notifications regarding price sales in bus tickets, new offers, new services or new travel packages. In addition to this, users may also receive marketing emails and promotions informing about special deals.
4. All the user information is stored in carebus's server as long as carebus requires it in various purposes as mentioned in this policy. User information maybe stored in the server for a longer duration if required for any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
Users may also note that as they login to the carebus website, their session data also gets logged in. This session data may include IP address, operating system, and type of software or any other activities the user involves in while browsing the carebus website. carebus collects such session data to understand user's preferences, browsing behavior and the performance of carebus's servers. No personal information is collected during this process.
Secondly, carebus is eligible to share user's personal information with any of its affiliates or business partners. Such partners are responsible to enquire users about carebus's products or services so that they can update in how carebus can best serve their users. Some third parties are also hired by carebus to perform certain tasks on behalf of carebus. Such third parties may also be shared certain user information, if required by carebus. Certain unidentified personal information may also be used by carebus to upgrade their services.
Thirdly, carebus is obliged to share user's personal information with their associated partners to facilitate smooth service functioning. If in the future, carebus's assets are acquired by another entity, all the user information is also automatically transferred to the new owner. In addition to this, if carebus decides someday to sell, hand over or widen any part or all of its business, then all user information will also be automatically transferred. Finally, carebus may also employ user's information in law related circumstances, to conduct its business efficiently, securing their own internal system or to protect their rights.
7. Registered users frequently receive notifications and updates from carebus related to new services, new features or discounts. The user can choose to stop receiving such updates by unsubscribing it. As a user installs the carebus app, certain permissions are asked from the user to ensure its smooth functioning. These permissions are mentioned below - Permissions in Android Mobile -
8. Kindly note that users have to be atleast 18 years or above to avail any services from carebus.
10. Users can access, change or delete their personal information anytime by logging into their account.